Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Diana's Family


Diana was the fourth child out of 5 children. She was the second girl and was always a daddy's girl. There was quite a big age difference between her and her siblings. Her 3 older siblings were 7, 8, and 9 1/2 years older than her. Her younger sibling was 9 1/2 years younger than her. So she experienced being the youngest for awhile and then the oldest for awhile. It was always fun with her family. Her father was in the military and because of that her family learned to depend and support one another at all times. Even though they don't live as close together now we all support one another and are very close.


My Mom and Dad -
What do you say about the two people who raised you, taught you everything you know, loved you unconditionally, and are always there for you? I have two of the greatest parents ever! My dad was in the military when I was child and so we had the opportunity to move around alot! My mom stayed at home and raised us. She taught us creativity and how to be ourselves, she also taught us to love the gospel. My dad taught us how to work and have a good sense of humor. They both were amazingly supportive. No matter what the event they were always there to cheer us on. They are wonderful parents and I love them so much! Thanks mom and dad.


Marlowe -
Marlowe is my oldest brother. He is almost 10 years older than me but that has never stopped us from being great friends. We performed in theater together for years and that forged a wonderful friendship. In addition, we were the "single ones" in the family for awhile and traveled together and would hang out often. He is now married to a wonderful woman, Kristen. They have 2 absolutely adorable kids Sarah and Josh. They live in the Seattle area and we love when we get to spend time with them. Marlowe has always been there for me and helped me so many times.



Athena -

Athena is my only sister. We are very close. We talk on the phone almost every day (the cell phone company loves us!). When we were younger we weren't the closest but now we are as close as sisters can get. Athena was the first one of us to get married and we gladly welcomed Dirk into our family when they were married. They now have 3 wonderful kids: James, Jenni, and Emma, that are super fun to play with. They just returned to Utah from living in Virginia and I am so happy to be able to see them whenever I go out to visit my parents. They are great help to my parents and help all of us keep on top of what is going on. I couldn't ask for a better sister!


Marc -
My brother Marc is the closest in age to me and I think he was always the one who tried to really look out for me. I remember once as a teenager I was having a rough time and he snuck me out in the middle of the night to go hiking and get hot chocolate and talk it out. Isn't that sweet? Marc married soon after my sister to another great woman - Lisa. But when he married Lisa I finally got nieces and nephews. Lisa had 3 children from a previous marriage and we all fell in love with Ashley, Skye, and Cody immediately. They are wonderful kids and when they added a child together, Kira, into the mix we loved her too. Marc and Lisa and their family now live in Idaho. Again I lucked out in the brother area!


Bryan -
Bryan is my baby brother. When I was little I would pray every night that Heavenly Father would give me a little brother and sister. My parents would always tell me that it wasn't going to happen - but Surprise! It did! I was thrilled when Bryan joined our family 9 1/2 years after me and I became a second mother to him. I always felt like it was my job to make sure that he was taken care of and given every opportunity possible. I am super close to him and love him so much. He lives in Utah with my parents and is currently attending college as a film major. He is super talented and a great kid. I can't wait to one day meet the lucky girl that marries him!